- Gut Instincts: Can More Bacteria Mean Better Health? March 14, 2017Continue Reading
Healthy bacteria may seem like a contradiction in terms, but years of research and real world experience point toward an unexpectedly promising finding: the microorganisms continually forming in your intestine may confer health benefits that we are only just beginning to understand.
- Try a New Approach to Food in the New Year: Stop Dieting and Focus on Mindful Eating March 13, 2017Continue Reading
The dieting-overeating-weight regain cycle is almost inevitable, not because people fail diets but because diets fail people. It is important to understand that rebound overeating happens to almost everybody, and should not be viewed as an individual weakness or fault. The main ...
- Upcoming Community Events November 7, 2016
I encourage you to attend one of these upcoming classes within the community:
November 9 | 6-7:30 pm
Attend this workshop to learn how you can communicate your healthcare wishes in writing to your family, friends and healthcare team.
- Summer/Fall 2016 Newsletter September 13, 2016Continue Reading
The Summer/Fall 2016 newsletter features articles on opioids, blood pressure and sodium reduction.
- The Zika Virus: Prevention is the First Line of Defense August 22, 2016Continue Reading
As the Zika virus continues to make headlines daily, it is essential to know who is at risk, how it is transmitted and most importantly, to understand strategies for prevention. Following are the latest findings on Zika, according to experts at ...
- Spring 2016 Newsletter May 16, 2016Continue Reading
The Spring 2016 newsletter features articles on keeping joints flexible and pain free, keeping our skin healthy as we age and takes a look at natural/organic food labeling.
- Winter 2016 Newsletter February 10, 2016Continue Reading
The Winter 2016 newsletter features articles on calcium, the senses of taste and smell, and healthy eating guidelines depicted with MyPlate.
- Fall 2015 Newsletter November 4, 2015Continue Reading
The fall 2015 newsletter features articles on the healthy aging brain, plantar fasciitis and healthy holiday eating.
- Summer/Fall 2016 Newsletter September 13, 2016