All News & Events
- Additional Metformin Products Recalled August 5, 2020
FDA warns of cancer-causing impurity in some metformin products
(RxWiki News) The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is alerting the public about an additional voluntary recall of certain extended-release metformin products.
The FDA is notifying patients about ...
- FDA Updates on Hand Sanitizers with Methanol: Do Not Use These August 1, 2020Continue Reading
Click here to read the full article with the names of products that contain methanol.
FDA is warning consumers and health care providers that the agency has ...
- October 26th: National Drug Take Back Day October 4, 2019
Take Back Day: Saturday, October 26, 2019 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Here are the local drop off locations:
COLLECTION SITE Directions If you do not find a collection site near you, please check back frequently, sites are added every day. TORRANCE POLICE DEPARTMENT**
IN FRONT OF STORE
Map LOS ANGELES ... Continue Reading
- Drug Take Back Day September 3, 2019Continue Reading
Even more convenient and environmentally sound are programs such as National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in communities nationwide. The next one is ...
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019Continue Reading
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity ...
- Important: Valsartan medication recall July 21, 2018Continue Reading
Several common drugs that contain valsartan, used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure, have been recalled due to an impurity — N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) — in the drug that poses a potential cancer risk. The presence of NDMA is thought to be related to changes in the way the active substance was manufactured, according ...
- Spring 2018 Newsletter May 24, 2018Continue Reading
Please enjoy my Spring newsletter which includes articles on blood pressure guidelines and generic vs. brand name drugs. Click here to read.
- Upcoming Community Events November 7, 2016
I encourage you to attend one of these upcoming classes within the community:
November 9 | 6-7:30 pm
Attend this workshop to learn how you can communicate your healthcare wishes in writing to your family, friends and healthcare team.
- Summer/Fall 2016 Newsletter September 13, 2016Continue Reading
The Summer/Fall 2016 newsletter features articles on opioids, blood pressure and sodium reduction.
- Spring 2016 Newsletter May 16, 2016Continue Reading
The Spring 2016 newsletter features articles on keeping joints flexible and pain free, keeping our skin healthy as we age and takes a look at natural/organic food labeling.
- FDA Updates on Hand Sanitizers with Methanol: Do Not Use These August 1, 2020